Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Who Am I Mcm "real tv"

Reality TV has killed television for me, but said to say I do watch it. I turn on my TV and always end up on some reality junk tv. It's mostly my wife fault, because she a junky for Teen Mom, Hair Battle Spectacular, Basketball Wives, Hoader's, and Bad Girls Club. Somehow I end up seating there and watching all of these shows. I sit there the whole show wondering do they know how dumb the things they idol are. The gold diggers and the drunken fights are so dumb. Sometime I do like the competition shows, but the other shows are crazy. I myself like Chopped and House Hunters.

 It’s more so a love hate relationship with reality shows. In the year of Favor Flava I was hooked to this show, but I really stop watching for my enjoyment after that. I do watch it just to spend time with my wife. The love hate relationship I see is that you hate to watch, but it like what’s going to happen next. I a train wreck once a week that leads to the next week. I'm never a diehard must see fan of tv anyway. Back in the day when real tv would come I was a must see type of fan.

The effects of reality on our youth is terrifying, its as if people really think this is real life. Little do they know if the people stop acting crazy and ratings drop its over for the show. This forces the people on the show to go all out everytime to remain relevant. Then young people see this and don't realize its a rating game. So they act the way the see the charaters who has this Wild E Coyote and RoadRunner experince every week.
I seen a woman get kicked off a reality show because she didn't keep up the dreama.

It more of a guilty pleasure, only because you hate it but you love type of relationship. You have to see the fools act a fool. Good thing i'm able to know the difference between real and fake.

2 comments:

  1. Your right... Reality TV has turned into a ratings buffet instead of what it was meant to be. What kills it sometimes are the contestants. To them it's all about fame and fortune. Instead, they don't see how it has actually made them look like asses. Don't get me wrong, there are a few good reality shows on TV and not all contestants are fame and fortune freaks. I know the stations want to sell their shows but come on do they really have to let some people humiliate themselves. I.E. American Idol, So America You Think You Have Talent, and so on????

    ReplyDelete
  2. the good thing is that this has helped you spend time with your wife which is great, :)

    ReplyDelete