My fast food experience as a child was mostly Pizza Hut, McDonalds and K.F.C. I really never ate pizza a lot. We only ate pizza on special occasion, like birthdays and parties. My memories of McDonalds as a child are very vague. We would always eat McDonalds on field trips, Boy Scout meetings and when my mom had to work late. Kentucky Fried Chicken was almost a weekly thing, because we would always go grocery shopping on Saturday. When we left the store we would stop and get a bucket chicken with the sides. Beats the heck out of me why we shopped and then go buy fast food.
Most of the time when we ate out it would be enough for the whole family. I remember no matter what everybody would have a sandwich or whatever else we ate. After we would unload the grocery the food would be plated and passed out from young too old to the point as if it had become routine. I guess it was only convenient do the fact that it was six of us. My Grandma was the one who decided where we ate. I don’t remember having a choice in what we use to eat. We never really ate fast food any other time but on Saturday. The only time I remember getting treats was when it would get really hot. We would stop and get snow cones and ice cream.
Birthdays were the only time we would really have pizza. Anytime I would get pizza was a special occasion no matter what, when, or how. It seems kind of belittling now that I can buy pizza everyday if I chose too. Most people would see this as being poor or something but I see it as enjoying the little stuff. At the time I was so happy to eat out because I was such a picky eater. As I grew I had my ups and downs with fast food but now that I’m old and all the food tampering I’m more cautious. I really try my best to eat healthy. My grandmother cooked everyday of the week so we never ate out massively.
Its great that your more cautious of what you eat. Its a great start to healthier diet.
ReplyDeleteIm happy you do not eat fast food a lot it will really help you throughout your life
ReplyDeletei liked reading this! im glad you eat pretty healthy! keep it that way :)
ReplyDelete