Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Good Old Days

The Good Old Days
                The last time I had a great time was when I went to visit my family in Mississippi. Since I moved to southern California I’ve missed a lot of family functions and had another child. So when my family found out I was coming home, they threw me a party. They wanted to meet my new born baby girl as well.  When I arrived my aunts, uncles, and cousins where all in the living room with smiling faces. Each one of my aunts made their special made special dish. My father was in the back yard grilling and cooking fish. I had call and complained about not finding the fish I was use to eat in California. So when I arrived he had a big pan full of fish.  
                We had some cold beers and sat outside talking about the new life changes that I’ve been experiencing. He was so happy to meet his new granddaughter, and laughed at the fact she looks more like him then I do. We then sat down as a family and ate. I never looked at myself as being that important to do all of this, but they thought I was. I was so happy and filled with joy. My father and me never was the hug and kiss type of father and son, but I know he loves me. He never shows emotions, but he told me he loved me. We played cards, ate and drank into the night. It reminded me of the times I've missed and the good old days. I had a great time.

1 comment: